The School Day
What does the day look like?
A typical day at a TLG Reading looks like this:
- 8:30am - Arrival & Registration
- 8:45am - Breakfast and Thought for the day
- 9:00am - Lesson 1: PSCHE/ICT
- 9:40am - Break
- 9:50am - Lesson 2: Online Learning
- 10:20am - Break
- 10:30am - Lesson 3: English/SEFL
- 11:10am - Break
- 11:20am - Lesson 4: Science/SMSC
- 12:00pm - Lunch Break
- 12:40pm - Lesson 5: Maths/SEFL
- 1:20pm - Lesson 6: Review and Catch-Up
- 1:50pm - Lesson 7: PE
- 2:20pm - Review of the day
- 2:30pm - End of timetabled day for students
What happens after school?
TLG operates a range of extended school programmes where pupils can continue to engage and learn beyond the school day and during the holidays. These might include breakfast clubs and workshops in sports, media, arts and music. TLG also runs social and cultural trips and visits including weekend residentials within the UK and international trips which in the past have included Uganda and Ghana.
Staff in the Centre can tell you what is happening and when.